· Full time student at Clark Atlanta University
· Current freshman, sophomore or junior
· Resident of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin (we realize that some students change residency to Atlanta to benefit from in-state breaks. However, eligible students should have “roots” in Chicago – permanent resident is here, attended high school in Chicago, and parents and/or guardians currently live here, etc.)
· Student in good academic standing – a minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required
· Business and/or science major (Avlon scholarship)
· Student who is experiencing financial hardship that is prohibiting the student to complete his/her degree at CAU (please provide a copy of your 2014 Student Aid Report - SAR)
· A student who is active on campus and committed to leadership and service (resume and 2 essays will be required)
· Strong character (2 letters of recommendation will be required)
To apply, students must submit the following on or before May 30, 2015.
A completed scholarship application form
One academic reference letter
One personal reference letter
A copy of your resume
Personal essays: Please address the following questions in a one page essay (each).
What are your long term professional and personal goals?
How have you been committed to leadership and service in your community?
A copy of your 2014 Student Aid Report
Are you a current Clark Atlanta University student from the Chicago-land area? Are you having difficulty staying in school because of financial hardship? Look no further. The Clark Atlanta University Alumni Association Chicago-land Chapter, announces the 2015 CAU Alumni Association Chicago-land Chapter Annual Scholarship. Our members are CAU graduates living in the Chicago-land area, and we are dedicated to providing resources, guidance, and financial support to help more Chicago-land area students attend and graduate from CAU. We will be providing annual scholarships to eligible students (see eligibility below) in the amount of AT LEAST $1,000. We want to help you stay in school and graduate, so take advantage of this scholarship opportunity and APPLY TODAY:
CAUAA Chicagoland Chapter
P.O. Box 8460
Oak Park IL 60380
Copyright © CAUAA Chicago. All Rights Reserved